Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Freedom - a poem

Freedom

Tantalizing, trepidatious
I move one foot in front of the other.
I am a runner.
There is no greater joy in the three worlds.
When lightning strikes the earth
That is the cosmic step taking place,
When my heart and lungs are placed in my hands.
Life in dependent on breathing and feeling.
What electricity comes forth
In the sweat I feel in my mouth,
Inspiration that allows me to transverse
Disbelief, laziness, daydreaming.
When I breathe, all of those windfalls
Pass by as billowing clouds,
Seen by a boat set sail across the waters of confusion, summer, and time.

Within this temporal journey details are important.
I taste the sweet smell of water with its eight qualities.
I respect the gifts for my human body.
I revel in having time and space to run among the gods.
When I run I become one of those gods with no bounds,
Only pure joy is my water bottle.
I am sustained with the ultimate elixir, my goo-ru.
That vital inpsiration sends me across this entire planet
With the pitter-patter of drawl feet.

What bhumi can I not reach?
Place my feet on the path, ripples affect the universe.
Therefore when I breathe,
I inhale all that is confused, degenerated, and unhappy.
When I exhale, my knees strike high,
My Achilles is powerful, free from vulnerability.
Thus with the energy of surprise
I leap into this new dimension, which can onlybe seen
By the rapid movement of heart, feet, and mind.
May this incredible experience of movement
Be the source of all happiness.

Singapore 3/14/2005
Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche

No comments:

Post a Comment