Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Surprise

I heard it last night – drops of moisture
as I dozed off to REM land.

On waking, my legs ached to moved
time for a run.

Temperature – colder than it’s been
hat and gloves, not worn in weeks.

Opening the door, standing at the threshold
moisture falls from the sky.

Hesitation, doubt, questioning
do I want to go out there?

A step into it
not rain, not snow, dry and fresh.

A quick change
something to deal with damp.

Off I go
with my warmup steps.

Whitish grey clouds redefine the horizon
a smaller bubble of a world today.

White specks falling, blowing
not rain, not quite snow, beautiful.

Legs gliding, lungs offering its own mist
arms in a rhythm, feet gracing the earth.

An internal peace, a playful smile
gratitude flows, a deep stillness pervades.

Back home, watch stopped
the end of another striking run.

What a way to begin a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment