Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Plug for Hammer Nutrition

I've been using Hammer Nutrition products since 1996 - that makes 17 years this year!

I have two sides. I have one side that loves new toys and to try new things. I like to experiment and figure out the nuances of each new piece of equipment, whether it's sporting equipment or knives in the kitchen. I certianly have my share of stuff I've donated to Goodwill or REI, or sold after having tried it and it didn't work for me.

Then once I find something I like I stick with it. Linn for Audio, wool for athletic clothes (Ibex, Icebreaker, SmartWool), Messermeister for kitchen knives.

Hammer Nutrition is my primary choice for nutrition for sports and for supplements.

I was first turned on to Hammer products by Steve Born long before he worked for Hammer Nutrition. I began with the basic carbohydrate mix - Sustained Energy (which used to be called Energy Surge). Now I use many of their powders, gels, bars, and supplements. They work well for me. They've been the right stuff for ultracycling and for running.

Hammer offers an incredible array of information and suggestions, which seems rare for a supplement company. Over the years I've learned a ton about nutrition from The Endurance Journal, the Hammer Fueling Guide, Hammer newsletters and Athlete Education Series, and listening to and crewing with Steve Born. While some of it can be long, what I really appreciate is the research that backs up the information they provide and then the guidelines they offer. With the guidelines they are clear to provide a range and then encourage you to find what works for you. After all we're all unique.

I also really admire the enthusiasm, integriy, and commitment that Brian Frank, Steve Born, and Dr. Bill Milsner bring to Hammer. It shows in all their products and how they bring themselves to the world.

If you're looking for either information about fueling for sports or products, I highly recommend trying Hammer products. After all they offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Try it!

Time for me to go place my next order!


Disclosure: I receive a discount from Hammer, but this post is entirely my own and I receive no income or other incentives for posting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment